Monday, August 9, 2010

Renegade Crafts Los Angeles 2010

A couple of weekends ago, through some random article from Etsy, I found out about an annual crafts fair with stops in: Austin, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago. Not having attended any big crafts fair before, I looked up http://www.renegadecrafts.com/ and marked my calendar. The event promised over 200 vendors, live music and workshops - a two day event.

So on a fine, hot Saturday, Dan and I cramped a couple of hours in our busy weekend to check out the fair. Though I came out of it (unbelievably) with not a single purchase, I walked away with a handful of business cards from several vendors. There were adorable terrarium's, fine jewelry, screen-printed t-shirts, fabrics, wool, aprons, pillowcases, but most sold paper goods like cute note cards, journals, stationery sets, art prints and posters. Of course, paper being a natural obsession of mine I found myself assembling what is now called Letter Parade, something I should have done a long time ago! Anyway, I left the venue inspired and exhilarated hoping silently that I could make time the next day to check out the second half because I must've only briskly checked out about 100 vendors or less.

Here are some of the photos from the fair. I am now a devotee and will not miss next year's for sure!

Upcoming crafts fair here in the LA area is the LACE EVENT. Happening on August 14 and 28, 2010 at the Chinatown.

No comments:

Post a Comment