Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Gift to Self aka Creative Entrepreneur




A year ago I bought myself a Christmas present- a seat to a 2-day seminar called Paper Camp. Little did I know that that was to be the greatest present I could give myself to date.

Attending it has paved a clear path for me as a creative entrepreneur giving me more confidence with each stride as I made the leap from a hobbyist to a professional. After the seminar, I left feeling a mix of emotions at first. I was overwhelmed by the amount of work it would take me and the many mistakes I have been unknowingly making! I was forced to lay all my cards on the table and decide if I was in it for the long haul or not. I spent a good amount of time soul-searching and asking myself if this was where my heart lies and if it was then I needed to give it all I've got.

Fast forward, I am a few months shy to releasing my first wholesale catalog (Spring 2017!) and part of a community of amazing creative entrepreneurs ready to give each other a hand. I am grateful for every one of them and most especially to Katie Lawler Hunt for founding this wonderful paper-loving bunch.

If you're in the business of Stationery, wedding invites or want to sell your illustrations in a wholesale setting consider attending the next Paper Camp (February 2017). I promise you it's the best investment for you and your craft!

Pictured above is photo posted by Tradeshow Bootcamp today on their Facebook page featuring, yours truly with fellow paper camper and stationer, Gina Singh of Ginametrical whom I walked the National Stationery Show with back in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment