Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Valentine's Shop Now Open




So excited to finally reveal what I've been working so hard for the past months! You can now check out 45 of my new products on Etsy. I'll be adding more in the coming weeks.

Here's a sampling, I call this design Simple Heart from the Pink Pop collection:

After a long hiatus, I've finally decided to fully invest in my business. If you've seen my previous post about Paper Camp / Tradeshow Bootcamp, the launch of my Valentine's shop is the motion that was set after my attendance of the workshop. I wish I had known about it sooner! I had been dabbling with stationery design since 2009, but prior to Paper Camp, this was all just a hobby.

My style from then has changed so much and I'm still constantly finding ways to improve and translate my ideas to products. I wanted to adapt a more modern look while also being visually minimal. This journey took awhile. The trend for sometime now in stationery reflects a lot of watercolor (see Rifle Paper Co. and Our Heiday) and typography or calligraphy (see Antiquaria and Emily McDowell). While I do adore watercolor as a medium I'm just not good at it nor is my heart in it. And who could resist the beauty and quick sophistication calligraphy brings? I just simply could not adopt these styles. I did try, but it didn't feel me. Here are my dabble in watercolor:


I'd like to say I've gone back to basics. Resorting to the medium that I knew best while still making use of my graphic design skills and oh my, it feels as natural as breathing!

What are your thoughts about the brand's new look and direction? What would you like to see more of? I welcome all feedback and thank you in advance.

Love & Letters,




No comments:

Post a Comment