Monday, January 2, 2017

Big Things for the New Year


We're on the cover of Stationery Trends' Winter 2017 Issue! Yay! 


If that's not an awesome way to start a new year, then I don't know what is! Pop! Fizz! Clink!!!

A little bit about Stationery Trends...
It is a very prestigious trade magazine. Everyone in the industry knows it and probably subscribes to it, too. What separates Stationery Trends' from other trade magazine is the look. Typically, trade magazines are the last thing you would want to spend time with, they might as well be manuals! Just drab from cover to cover. But not Stationery Trends, at the reins of Sarah Schwartz, it looks and almost reads like Living magazine by Martha Stewart. It excites you when you see it in the mailbox. This is what other outdated trade magazines should aspire to. I, myself am a subscriber and having a serious stationer envy at all the awesome products featured on there. Never thought I would one day see one of my products featured let alone the cover! I am beyond proud!

A little bit about the product on the cover...

Believe it or not, the inspiration for this design is Game of Thrones. I'm such a nerd! Last summer, husband and I have decided to jump onto the bandwagon and see what the craze is all about. I cannot tell you how many weekends and week nights were spent watching episodes to episodes, season to season. We're hooked! And also devastated when we caught up and now have to wait like everyone else. But it stayed with me. The kingdoms, the kings, queens... and so this card was born. This design however, took a different symbol after the elections. Now, I won't dwell on politics so much but for many women, more than ever, we were feeling through the dark for every bit of light we could possibly find. Which is why I believe this design is relevant for the times. Won't you agree? 

This note card marks my first submission for publication and I couldn't be more lucky to be picked among the hundreds of submissions. I can't help but feel hopeful for the months to come.

This design is available as postcardsingle note card (shown above), boxed set of note cards and art prints in 8"x10" and 11"x14


  

Cheers to this New Year, Love & Letters,




No comments:

Post a Comment