Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 Best-of Playlist

Coachella 2016 with the crew, Weekend 2 | April 26, 2016

Dan and I are big on Coachella. Last April was our our 8th consecutive attendance. We have been going since 2009 and that year, we spent our honeymoon at our first Coachella. We have so many amazing memories!

Music is such a big part of my life and I once wanted to pursue becoming a professional musician. All my life I'm surrounded by it and late into high school and all throughout college I fronted and wrote for bands. Good times.

I've decided to put together my best-of playlist this year. Please note there is a good variety of genres. I try to have an "open ear" when it comes to music but I'm still not quite as open as my husband. He listens to all sorts of music. I typically rotate between reggae, indie rock, rock pop and alternative music to some contemporary fusion ones even a few eclectic sounds. Maybe you'll find something you like! I'm the worst at naming genres and it doesn't help that there are quite a bit of genre-bending tracks so forgive me if I miss-labeled.

Reggae:
#1 The Skints "Where Did You Go?"
#2 Richie Gold "Youths Dem Cold"
#3 Tarrus Riley "Human Nature"
#4 Taggy Matcher & Birdy Nixon "Tighten Up"

Eclectic:
#1 Hotel Eden "Nimble Girl"
#2 Liv "Wings of Love"
#3 Unknown Mortal Orchestra "So Good at Being in Trouble"*
#4 Ibeyi "River"*
#5 Rhye "One Of Those Summer Days"*

Indie/Pop:
#1 Gemma Hayes "Palomino"
#2 Snow Patrol "The Lightning Strike"
#3 Joseph "White Flag"
#4 BØRNS "American Money"*
#5 Meg Myers "Motel"*
#6 Tei Shi "Bassically"*
#7 Lianne La Havas "Au Cinéma"

Dance:
#1 Kimbra "Sweet Relief"
#2 Gabriel Garzon-Montano "Keep On Running"
#3 Bosley "Just Like You"
#4 Elliott Moss "Best Light"
#5 Bob Moses "Too Much Is Never Enough"*
#6 LCD Soundsystem "I Can Change"*
#7 Parov Stelar "Catgroove"*
#8 SG Lewis, JP Cooper "Shivers"*
#9 Disclosure (feat. Lorde) "Magnets"*
#10 Flume (feat. Andrew Wyatt) "Some Minds"*

Rock/Blues/Country:
#1 Royce Wood Junior "Honeydripper"
#2 Joywave "Somebody New"*
#3 The Kills "Future Starts Slow"*
#4 The Last Shadow Puppets "My Mistakes Were Made For You"*
#5 The Arcs "Nature's Child"*

Covers:
#1 Freedom Fry "1979" (Smashing Pumpkins)
#2 Walk Off the Earth "Polly" (Nirvana)
#3 Lykke Li "Hold On, We're Going Home" (Drake)*

*bands/artists we've seen live.

Listen to this playlist on Shopify.

Enjoy!

Love & Letters,


No comments:

Post a Comment