Thursday, September 16, 2010

Paper (and flower) Art : Kari Herer

A repost from my Facebook Notes 10/09/2009.

"BOTANICAL ART IN THE NEW"

This morning, I tried to understand the last images I have left engraved in my thoughts from the sleep I just woke up from...dream residue. I only caught one scene in a shabby house with a makeshift bed in the center. The main focus shifted to a baby, my baby lying next to me his body warm and safe. I'm not sure if in my dream when I was still in it, if it was a real human baby, because my mind now argues that it was a polar bear cub! My heart cringed at the memory, I so love polar bears and I grieve over their increasingly desperate fight for survival. It must explain why I scoured the web pages for flowers mix with whatever comes close to my vision of a rotten corpse. My search turned up these beautiful works by photographer Kari Herer. Each piece reminds me of those flowers in the graveyard set adrift in a sea of melancholia.












Check out more of Kari Herer's work here and shop her Etsy shop for these lovely, one-of-a-kind prints.

Another exquisite work of art to write about!

Happy writing!

Cindy Gonzales-Kujat


No comments:

Post a Comment