Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Old Musings

Hello friends!

Have you ever been in exile? Believe it or not, I was, for over a year around 2003. Don't worry, I wasn't in jail but the wardens were my parents. To this day, I look back and think of that phase in my life as the "dark age" spiraling downwards into a black hole.

Ironically, it was also a time when I found my creative potential despite having gone to art school years prior. It must be all those idle times that made me think what a solitary creature I really am!

Here are a few documented reminders that make looking back during those times less disheartening.

Enjoy!

Cindy Gonzales - Kujat




----
I'm pulling my head back
The wound on my neck to show
The many times you made me think
I could be greater
Than God.
---



---
I serve you my spoilt heart
On a silver platter
With a silver fork
But I'm still not worth your gold.
---



---
It felt like closing your eyes from the strobes of light
While the beating of your heart rocks your whole weight
But it's only a moment of another miracle as we fall into slumber.
---


---
Oh, a tender loving heart
Is a tender hand climbing up front
The second helping
Is always reminiscent
Of the first intrusion.
----

No comments:

Post a Comment